[Tails-ux] Greeter revamp: prototype time?

Author: Spencer
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Greeter revamp: prototype time?
Hi,

> Alan:
> As you might know, we are working on revamping the greeter interface
> since more than one year. We came to a proposal, which is summarized in
> this blueprint:
>
> https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/greeter_revamp_UI/design_rationale_phase1/
>
> I think it's mature enough, and it's now time to implement a prototype
> including at least a working UI
> (https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7550)
> so that we can do UI tests (https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8238).
>
> Thoughts?

I agree :) How is this being built? How long will this take? What
kind of support is needed?

I think we need to work through the popovers, though, unless you already
have. Doing so provides us with opportunities to work out problems with
less resources, such as some of the things Lunar is pointing out.

The Language section logic and visuals took a day or so, and I think we
would benefit from a complete startup flow diagram (though much of this
is support for Phase 2 and Phase 3), so this week to wrap up the details
of everything for the Greeter structure and Self Configuration dialogs.

If not, no worries, since all of this is applicable in the long-term.

Wordlife,
Spencer