Re: [Tails-dev] [Review] Adding laptops which don't shutdown…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [Review] Adding laptops which don't shutdown properly
Alan wrote (10 Sep 2015 22:16:41 GMT) :
> sajolida <sajolida@???> wrote:
>> > But I was wondering how relevant it is to add computers there, as that
>> > list might never ends, wrt. to UEFI hardware?
>>
>> I think it's fine.

> In the current state of Tails, it is impossible for an hardware boot
> in UEFI mode to shutdown properly.

<citation needed> :)

This was the conclusion I was ready to draw from empirical experience
until a few weeks ago, and then I've seen one system (some Lenovo
laptop/tablet hybrid, I think it was a Yoga one) shutdown properly, to
my great surprise, and I doubt it was started in legacy BIOS mode.
I've just emailed that system's owner to confirm.