Re: [Tails-dev] [Review] Adding laptops which don't shutdown…

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [Review] Adding laptops which don't shutdown properly
Hi,

sajolida <sajolida@???> wrote:
> > But I was wondering how relevant it is to add computers there, as that
> > list might never ends, wrt. to UEFI hardware?
>
> I think it's fine.

In the current state of Tails, it is impossible for an hardware boot
in UEFI mode to shutdown properly. Perhaps saying this like that is
easier, as the same hardware can boot in several modes. For instance,
most MacBookPro will boot in BIOS-emulation mode from DVD (and shutdown
properly), but in EFI mode from USB and fail to shutdown. In some PCs
there is a firmware menu setting.

Cheers