Re: [Tails-ux] Encrypted Storage

Author: Lunar
To: tails-ux
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Encrypted Storage
spencerone@???:
> >Lunar:
> >To me they represent the bullets that you see when entering a character
> >in a password field. (The actual characters are hidden to prevent
> >eavesdropping.)
> >

> Maybe there is a key/legend to decode these :)
>
> Here[0] is a visualization of the storage section flow. The question I have
> is, what does the 'Enable' flow look like? I can't find any images, or even
> specific mentions, of the GNOME OpenPGP agent (it was difficult to find
> anything remotely similar). Will someone share a screenshot or two of this
> if they can? Then we can update the document.

The passphrase field should be grayed out while unlocking is performed as
modifying its content is meaningless.

It think the passphrase field should entirely disappear once the storage
is unlocked. There's no going back and nothing more to enter.

I'm confused about the meaning of the enable switch in your visuals.
Could you explain the intent?

--
Lunar