Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter mockups

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: Tails user experience & user interface design
Sujet: Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter mockups
sajolida wrote (28 Aug 2015 18:30:42 GMT) :
> sajolida:
>> I'll try to compile this.

> Actually I won't do that. I started compiling the different arguments
> that were developed in this thread but honestly, this would be tons of
> work that would lead to tons more debates.

Sounds like a reasonable move to me. Thanks for making it clear.

> I really don't feel like spending that much time on this and would
> rather spend it on building a prototype (or two prototypes) and test
> them with users. I start doubting whether email is the proper medium to
> conduct this whole process as, as we've seen, it implies huge delays,
> different rhythms, and remains too abstract and subjective to my taste
> with no contact with actual users.

ACK (a few months ago I suggested a sprint for the same reasons).

So now, I don't think it's worth it that I look at the current
blueprint, if I can only comment over email. I'd rather wait for next
time I get the chance to meet a few of you in person (likely in
November).

> I will also be super busy with the Installation Assistant until the end
> of the year and I'd rather not have the Greeter process compromise this
> other work of mine.

Thanks for clarifying your involvement in this process. It should help
others know if/when they should be waiting for you, which feels
important to me.

> Still, I would still be interested in testing stuff
> with some of you in November if we can get together.

So, next step is that those who have more time available to put into
the Greeter thing team up and finish prototypes (be it on paper or
actual code) that can be tested with users, right?

In passing: it would be good to get a panel for testing that's built
from existing users *and* first time users. For the Greeter in
particular, it feels critical to me to provide *both* a good UX for
1st time users, *and* something efficient for existing ones.