Re: [Tails-dev] Package Tor Monitor

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Package Tor Monitor
Hi,

Sascha Steinbiss <satta@???> wrote:
> You are definitely more familiar with the internals of the Python distutils steps.
> I am happy with any solution you propose as long as ‘setup.py build’ does not
> generate a new POT file on each build (hence updating the timestamp)
> but reuses a version that is pregenerated by you and committed in your
> upstream repo.

After reading the documentation and the code of the build system
extensions I use to support python desktop applications
(python-distutils-extra), I came to the conclusion that your request is
not supported. I looked for other similar build systems and fails to
find one with similar functionalities. Not as easy as I though...

I can whishlist this feature upstream, but that won't solve your short
term problem.

Cheers