Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter mockups

Autore: Alan
To: tails-ux
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter mockups
Hi,

sajolida <sajolida@???> wrote:
> >> To me, no strong enough evidence against this collective stand was
> >> raised in this thread. And I'm thus surprised to see that this was not
> >> taken into account by these designs: all options are displayed upfront
> >> by default.

You mean that you think that there were an agreement not do display
"advanced" of "privacy" settings by default?

> >> Also keep in mind that **none** of these mockups were tested with
> >> users yet. We talked about them amongst ourselves, we reviewed it with
> >> experts, etc. but we never sat with regular users and watch them
> >> interact with those.
> >
> > Didn't tchou do that for the iteration before its proposal?
>
> Nope. He reviewed it with experts which is quite different. See our
> misunderstanding on #8233#9 and #8233#10.

Ok.

> >> My personal take on this is that we should take it easy, come up with
> >> something that's simple, classic, as little controversial as possible,
> >> and easy to implement. Then test it and see how it does. I would also
> >> be in favor of testing stuff on paper first but I feel like Alan is
> >> dying to type some code; which is great!
> >>
> > I'm not against it, but:
> >
> > - I start to be tired of waiting and discussing again and again on
> > details
> > - we refine things since already more than one year, had already at
> > least two proposals that were nearly validated then changed again
>
> Personally I've seen more "questioning" than "refining".

Unfortunately, all the people that are into design that I interact with
seem to question everything all the time, which leads to nice
proposals, but take shit loads of time and energy. Cultural difference
I think.

> > - I'm convinced that all our current proposals are way better than what
> > we currently have, even though they may not be perfect

I still think that, but well, let's continue discussing.

> If you're ready to do that, I'm fine with implementing whatever solution
> you currently prefer. Then, let's also schedule a user testing session.

I will implement something only if at least the people into the
discussion think that it's worth it. Currently I feel like I took a lot
of energy to work openly with spencerone to arrive to the best proposal
and it basically failed. So if you want to take over, be welcome, but
don't expect me to put as much energy as I did within the last months
with it.

Cheers