Re: [Tails-dev] Package Tor Monitor

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Package Tor Monitor
Hi,

Alan wrote (17 Aug 2015 23:42:12 GMT) :
> Would someone knowledgeable please package:
> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/alan/tor-monitor/tag/?id=0.1

Some more bits of info that might help people raise their hand:

* Packaging is probably super easy. What we need is *also* someone
committed to maintaining the package on the long run.

* IMO this should be maintained under the umbrella of the
pkg-anonymity-tools team (which is currently understaffed, as one
can see by looking at the state of torbrowser-launcher and
onionshare).

* I've privately asked nodens (who's almost done with packaging our
OpenPGP Applet) if he's interested. In any case, I would feel more
comfortable if at least 2 people committed to do this.

* I'm happy to review and sponsor uploads, but I won't commit to
mentor *myself* anyone who would need lots of hand-holding e.g.
while learning Debian packaging. But perhaps other Tails people or
pkg-anonymity-tools members would be happy to do it :)