[Tails-dev] Suggestion: GUI replacement for nautilus-wipe.

Author: Gustavo Nascimento
To: tails-dev
CC: twzgerald
Subject: [Tails-dev] Suggestion: GUI replacement for nautilus-wipe.
Greetings,

Congratulations for the excellent work on Tails.

BTW Electrum is a great addition as a Bitcoin smart wallet.

I'd like to suggest 2 simple ideas for Tails:

1) Add Gdebi as GUI package manager;

2) Replace nautilus-wipe by Shredder.

Shredder uses shred cmd line as base for its GUI. It's simple, efficient
and customizable.

You can see the app here: https://code.google.com/p/shredder/

I contacted the original author to see if there's some recent
development activity on it. And I also suggested some litlle
improvements like: "real time verbose" (see in real time what's been
erased and the % done), option to add multiple files and folders, always
visible window option and some "About" info so people can join the
software's development.

I also suggested to export it to Github in order to get more attention
and efforts.

That's it.

Keep up the good work!

--