Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS build system with Vagrant 1.7.3

Author: Adam Burns
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS build system with Vagrant 1.7.3
On 08/04/2015 11:46 AM, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Adam Burns wrote (23 Jul 2015 10:33:40 GMT) :
>> A *slightly* improved Rakefile patch that is back compatible with older
>> vagrant gem or distribution package environments.
>
> Thanks!
>
>> If the vagrant libraries cannot be found (ie require 'vagrant' fails),
>> this patch will optimistically add deb/rpm package paths for the vagrant
>> libraries and try again.
>
> You mean third-party packages here, such as the one provided by
> upstream Vagrant, right?

Yup. This is using the Vagrant vagrant RPM file (thus the path under
/opt for the library files)

>> Can someone sanity check this under Debian with the 'official' Vagrant
>> deb package? Note I believe that you will need to clean/uninstall
>> existing vagrant gem files or packages first.
>
> Can any of our Vagrant use try that? It would be good to support
> Vagrant 1.7, as least as provided by third-party packages.

I haven't had time to boot jessie from a usb yet but
a tip for jessie distributed vagrant 1.6.5+dfsg1-2 , I note from
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/all/vagrant/filelist that vagrant.rb
files are located under /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby & a slight
modification of the patch may get that working if it does not already
straight away from jessie environment.

Shine,