Re: [Tails-dev] Another Dell to known issues page

Author: intrigeri
To: emmapeel
CC: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Another Dell to known issues page
Hi,

emmapeel wrote (22 Jul 2015 17:23:58 GMT) :
> Is just one line, I didn't knew if to spam the list or the Redmine.

The list is good when you're very confident that your patch can be
merged as is. Whenever more back'n'forth is likely to be needed (as
seems quite clear in this case, given the lack of details and the very
broad affirmation), I personally prefer tracking WIP stuff with
Redmine ticket rather than in my mailbox.

> +Dell Inspiron N4110
> +-------------------
> +
> +Does not start from USB.

Was it tried in a USB 2.0 port? (as opposed to a USB 3.0 one, I'm
asking because of:
https://techtipsandsuch.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/ubuntu-natty-narwhal-on-14r/)

What exact USB installation methods are known to fail? All of
them, really?

Does it start from DVD?

On the known issues page, generally we try to be a bit more precise
regarding what is known to not work, and what the workarounds are.
See other similar entries for inspiration :)