[Tails-ux] Hide internal drives when no admin password has b…

Author: tailor1
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Hide internal drives when no admin password has been entered
Posted in the wrong mailing list.

Please see this feature request in the Tails repository > Local storage
devices displayed- Tails DVD no admin
(https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/9554) where intrigeri suggested
raising this issue on the mailing list.

The basic premise being that hiding the internal drives in working in
what I call "safe mode" (booting with no admin privileges) to be more
consistent with Tails goals and objectives of consistensy than it is to
show them.

Since without root login, access to them is denied it is pointless to
show them in the file manager and in the Disk Utility. In response to my
suggestion intrigeri rephrases it in his own words as:

"I can see your consistency point, that I would rephrase in my own words
as "one should not even see what they won't be able to access anyway";
when I zoom in on it, it totally makes sense to me -- thanks for
clarifying."

Not having any experience in coding myself, I am calling any interested
parties who feel this to be a worthwile and valuable endeavour to please
take it on and to implement and maintain this feature.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

PS - as an aside - an instance where a clipboard tool in Tails would
have come in very handy :-)