[Tails-ux] Please review instruction for Windows USB install…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: [Tails-ux] Please review instruction for Windows USB installation
As part of our work on the Installation Assistant [1] I prepared a full
synopsis for USB installation on Windows. I reused many other pieces of
documentation that we had elsewhere but I also took the liberty to
rewrite most of it slightly.

[1]: https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/bootstrapping/assistant/

This synopsis will be useful as a base to write all the other ones
(Debian, Linux, and so) so we'd like to polish it well, have it reviewed
by you, and tested on users before moving to writing the other ones.

[2]: https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/bootstrapping/assistant/windows/

I'm now asking you to review it's structure, terminology, and language.
The formatting will be much different once integrated with the rest of
the Installation Assistant so please don't comment on the appearance or
navigation :)

It would be most helpful to point out:

- Terminology issues. Words that are not introduced properly.
Terminology which is unclear; unless you're proposing something that has
been discussed already on the thread on terminology :)
- Grammar mistakes and typos.
- Unclear phrasing.
- Content that is missing (for example on troubleshooting).

I really recommend you:

- Always clarify which problem you are trying to solve. Don't limit
yourself to stating that "A" should be "B".
- Read that stuff for yourself as if you had to apply it. Especially if
you are not used to that procedure. The most valuable problems will be
problems that you experienced yourself (and not only envisioned that
other would experience).
- Test these instructions with others. That would the most helpful if
you are already used to that procedure. Find a friend who's on Windows
and interested in Tails but never installed it herself. Observe her
following these instructions. Have a look at our user testing guidelines
to take the most of it [2].

[3]: https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/user_interface/testing/

--
sajolida