[Tails-dev] Making a Fork of TAILS Without Non-Free Firmware

Author: genghiskant
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Making a Fork of TAILS Without Non-Free Firmware
Hi all!

The community of TAILS users and developers would benefit from having a
fork that abides by the Free Software Foundation's free system
distribution guidelines.

Link for FSF's guidelines:
[https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html]

Meeting those guidelines could earn the fork of TAILS a spot among the
select few free distributions that the FSF endorses. That would surely
bring TAILS some beneficial attention, new users and new developers.

What do you all think would be the best steps to take to achieve this
goal? And if I'm alone in thinking that such an endeavor is worthwile,
could I request a copy of the TAILS source code and make the fork
myself?

Thank you for your time,
           Genghis Kant