Re: [Tails-l10n] (review) [de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/rese…

Author: spriver
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review) [de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/reset/windows.de.po
Hi,
I don't know how the other page went into the branch, but thanks for
also reviewing it. I am okay with the changes but I have a general
question:

When we translate a labelled button (e.g. Formatieren Schaltfläche),
shall we seperate the label of the button from "Schaltfläche" with a
whitespace or a hyphen? The problem is, that when we have a label with
a multi-word label (e.g. Sicher entfernen Schaltfläche) a seperation
with a hyphen doesn't "look so good" whereby a single-word button
(e.g. Formatieren-Schaltfläche) looks better with a hyphen (that's my
personal opinion). Maybe it's a bit of cosmetics here ;)
What do you think?

On 05/26/2015 17:57, Muri Nicanor wrote:
> hi,
>
> On 05/25/2015 09:15 PM, spriver wrote:
>> Hi, I translated the reset page for Windows (also the Linux
>> page, but I'll wait until this one is reviewed).
>
> as both the linux and the windows page were part of the commit,
> i've reviewed them both and made some small changes. please review
> https://gitlab.com/muri/tails.git branch:
> muri-t10n/review-de_reset_windows commits: 82f6e44c reviewed
> also the linux reset translation and made some small changes.
> b49bb82c reviewed sprivers windows reset translation and made some
> small cha...

Cheers,

spriver