Re: [Tails-l10n] (review) signing key clarification

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-l10n] signing key clarification
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review) signing key clarification
Muri Nicanor wrote (24 May 2015 17:11:41 GMT) :
>> I'm not 100% convinced by s/removable storage/flash media/, though:
>> [...]
> i don't think that 'flash media' is a good expression.

Glad we agree on this.

> i was thinking that 'removable media' was a bit more clear, but then i
> thought about the use case and: one can also install updates from or
> save keys to a harddisk that is integrated (not removeable) in the
> system tails is running on.

The entire point of allowing plugging removable storage media into
that air-gapped Tails is to get stuff in/out. Internal storage is not
useful for such purposes, for all practical use-cases I can think of.

> so the question for me is: what is the clarity the way we want? are
> built in harddisks being used in that scenario? are CDs or DVDs used?

Indeed, CDs or DVDs are an option (maybe not very plausible, but I can
see no reason to forbid ourselves to do that). Rotating external
hard-drives, or basically any kind of removable storage media, too.

> maybe it gets more clear, if we also state the considerations, the
> policy is based on?

In the doc/policy itself, or as part of the current discussion?