[Tails-dev] review'n'merge: feature/7976-disallow-lan-in-tor…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] review'n'merge: feature/7976-disallow-lan-in-tor-browser
Hi,

So it has been decided that we should disable LAN access in the Tor
Browser, and direct users to use the Unsafe Browser instead for their
LAN-based browsing. Details can be found on the ticket:

    https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7976

While the branch name and ticket suggests this is a feature, it really
is a security fix, so let's aim for inclusion in the Tails 1.4.1 point
release. I created a automated tests (one less manual test in total!,
yay!) which I hope encourages this move to happen swiftly.

However, let's not merge this before the docs have been written, which
is tracked as #9431. Early testing and code reviews are more than
welcome, though!

Cheers!