Re: [Tails-dev] Would Like to Get Involved & Contribute

Author: okgoogle
To: tails-dev@boum.org
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Would Like to Get Involved & Contribute
Thanks sajolida, also u, for the welcome. I'll reply to the topics below on the relevant mailing lists.

All of this sounds really interesting. Thanks a lot for joining in!

Seeing your skills, I think that the most suitable mailing lists for be

to be on would be tails-ux (where we discuss UX related stuff, new

interface design, wording, etc.):

In comparison tails-dev is where the discussion on code, features, etc.

happens.

Regarding translation management. We worked a few weeks ago on a set of requirements to improve our translation infrastructure (currently if people want to translate the website, they have to do it through Git and emails). The requirements are here:

[https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/translation_platform](https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/translation_platform/)

Since you're knowledgeable about Transifex it would be extremely useful if you could report on the compliance of Transifex regarding those requirements. We already have our custom programs translated on Transifex but none of us really got deep into it and I don't think that we've ever sat down to check Transifex against this new list of requirements. This discussion should happen on tails-l10n instead.