Re: [Tails-l10n] Terminology for the web assistant: clone

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: ameaneantie
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Tails localization discussion
Aihe: Re: [Tails-l10n] Terminology for the web assistant: clone
On 2015-05-20 19:37, sajolida wrote:
> We have been discussing on tails-ux several terminology issues around
> the installation process of Tails. One of them is around the term
> "clone" vs "copy". And someone (OK Google) raised the fact that "clone"
> might be difficult to translate or not work really well in other
> language. What do you think?
>
> To have more background about this discussion I suggest reading the
> thread starting at:
>
> https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2015-May/000391.html and

Hey,
'get a double from a friend', 'duplicate from a friend', 'get the same
from a friend'... I prefer 'get the same from a friend', which is
straightforward, simple and not Dolly related. Nonetheless, in other
contexts 'clone' may be easier to translate like in 'clone and upgrade'
or 'clone and install' (examples from liveusb-creator). Only 'duplicate'
seems to be as easy, because it is both a verb and a noun. So,
'duplicate' could be fine also for the Usb stick and the advert.
Finally, reproduce/reproduction would also do the job, non? And are easy
to translate... what do you think?
Cheers,
Ame