[Tails-dev] Heads up! code contributors -> Git submodules [W…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Heads up! code contributors -> Git submodules [Was: [review'n'merge:1.4] feature/8617-delete-obsolete-Git-branches ...]
Hi,

so, feature/8617-delete-obsolete-Git-branches was merged and
introduces the use of Git submodules. For now, only release managers
should be directly affected.

Still, all code contributors, please update your Git setup wrt.
the corresponding documentation updates:

git diff e8da49e..origin/stable -- wiki/src/contribute/git.mdwn

... because:

1. this will allow us to identify submodules drawbacks and
limitations, before we generalize their usage;
2. next time I'll introduce more submodules usage, I'll take
it for granted that your setup is already submodules-aware :)