Re: [Tails-dev] TOR browser addon Adblock Plus vs. uBlock

Author: flapflap
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] TOR browser addon Adblock Plus vs. uBlock
Maria Baumgartner:
> Sir, it is an Firefox addon downloadable from addons.mozilla.org.
> It is no apt package. So is the current addon included in tails.
> best regards
> Baumgartner

intrigeri:
> See https://tails.boum.org/support/faq/#new_software

We want to take as many components as possible directly from Debian to
reduce the number of install sources and to keep the differences to a
normal Debian low. This way, we can focus on the customisations for
Tails and forward bugs and other issues to upstream (Debian), which also
makes the improvements available to the complete Debian ecosystem and
not only to Tails.