Re: [Tails-dev] A couple of possible vulnerabilities

Author: intrigeri
To: emmapeel, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] A couple of possible vulnerabilities
Hi,

emmapeel wrote (23 Apr 2015 07:04:21 GMT) :
> First post
> http://www.deepdotweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=353&p=1022#p1022
> comments something about a webpage writing on the MBR partition

I only skimmed over it, but it seems that Tails is merely used as
a forensics tool here. Did I miss anything that made you forward this
info here?

> Second post comes from slashdot
> http://it.slashdot.org/story/15/04/22/1645226/new-javascript-attack-lets-websites-spy-on-the-cpus-cache

> and is related to HTML5 and javascript. Here a better link:
> http://arxiv.org/abs/1502.07373

That's about a recent paper titled "The Spy in the Sandbox --
Practical Cache Attacks in Javascript". A search on the Tor project's
Trac shows that it's being worked on by the Tor Browser folks: