Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.4] bugfix/9044-syslinux-on…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.4] bugfix/9044-syslinux-on-chromebooks
On 15/04/15 14:38, intrigeri wrote:
> anonym wrote (15 Apr 2015 09:24:48 GMT) :
>> The branch is based on devel (although only the changelog (1.4 dummy
>> entry) differs from stable), but it is a bugfix so we'd miss out on it
>> in a potential Tails 1.3.3. Is this really intentional?
>
> Yes. I didn't want to risk regressions without letting this code first
> mature for a while in a branch that people actually test (that is,
> devel). That's why I didn't propose it for 1.3.2, while it was ready
> before that release.

Makes sense. I tested an image built from the branch in KVM, Virtualbox
and on two bare metal systems without noticing any regression. I don't
have a chromebook to test on, so I'm just going with with success
reported on the ticket. :)

>> Of course, with #8654 the change is in Git for Tails proper. I suppose I
>> should still merge into the builder-wheezy APT suite, right?
>
> I think so, yes.

Done. For the record, I had installed the syslinux-utils package from
the APT suite into my builder when building the image I tested.

Cheers!