[Tails-l10n] Release schedule for Tails 1.4

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Tails localization discussion
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Release schedule for Tails 1.4
Hi,

I'll be the release manager for Tails 1.4, which currently is scheduled
to be released on 2015-05-12. For the list of tickets targeting Tails
1.4, have a look at:

    https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=176

That's 135 open tickets as of writing this... :)

Here's the preliminary release schedule:

* 2015-05-02:
  - Feature freeze for Tails 1.4.
  - Translation window starts for Tails 1.4.
  - Build and upload Tails 1.4~rc1 ISO image and IUKs.
  - Start testing Tails 1.4~rc1 during late CEST if building the image
    went smoothly.

* 2015-05-03:
- Finish testing Tails 1.4~rc1 by the afternoon, CEST.
- Release Tails 1.4~rc1 during late CEST.

* 2015-05-11
  - All branches targeting Tails 1.4 must be merged into the 'testing'
    branch by noon CEST.
  - Tor Browser 4.5.x, based on Firefox 38.0.0esr, is hopefully out so
    we can import it.
  - Build and upload Tails 1.4 ISO image and IUKs.
  - Start testing Tails 1.4 during late CEST if building the image
    went smoothly.

* 2015-05-12:
- Finish testing Tails 1.4 by the afternoon, CEST.
- Release Tails 1.4 during late CEST.

This will means that we'll only have essentially a week for users to
test the RC, and the translation window. If we think that's too little,
we could move the freeze to the 27th of April (and the RC release on the
28th), but then that's perhaps a bit too short notice. Any way, let's go
with the above schedule unless any of you think the other option is better.

So, testers, please let me know if you are available on:

* 2015-05-03, morning to afternoon, CEST.

* 2015-05-12, morning to afternoon, CEST.

As a bonus, please let me know if you are available for testing on the
following times *if* the respective builds went smoothly:

* 2015-05-02, late CEST.

* 2015-05-11, late CEST.

Cheers!