[Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.4] bugfix/9190-localize-tails-…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.4] bugfix/9190-localize-tails-upgrader
Hi,

no less than 3 (!) bugs are preventing Tails Upgrader's translated
strings to be displayed to users. If I'm not mistaken, that's been the
case... forever. Thanks to matsa for raising this issue yesterday.

That should be fixed in bugfix/9190-localize-tails-upgrader, which
ships an updated tails-iuk .deb in its overlay APT suite, so please:

* merge bugfix/9190-localize-tails-upgrader into devel
* merge bugfix/9190-localize-tails-upgrader into master in the iuk
repo

My reproducer has been: boot Tails, choose a non-English language for
which we have a complete translation, wait for Tor to bootstrap and
then quickly unplug the network, and then wait for the error message
about failing to check for upgrades. That error message should now be
localized, which isn't the case in Tails 1.3.2.

Thanks!

For the curious, these 3 bugs were:

* a typo committed by mistake during some release steps a few months
ago
* a mismatch between the gettext textdomain used in the app, and the
one under which we install the .mo files
* the code that install the .mo files in debian/rules had been left
commented out since the early stages of tails-iuk development (back
when we had no such localization files to install)