Re: [Freepto] Proposal for the Italian Hackmeeting

Author: intrigeri
To: freepto
Subject: Re: [Freepto] Proposal for the Italian Hackmeeting
Hi,

[sorry for the delayed reply... my backlog isn't exactly
getting better.]

paskao wrote (22 Feb 2015 15:40:41 GMT) :
> in June some of us will go to the Italian Hackmeeting in Naples and
> could be nice organize a meeting about Freepto with its developers and
> users.

> The past year we setup a server to explain the Freepto development using
> a pre-configured environment and I think we can do it better this year
> with a little more of organization. This workshop is based on Debian
> Live Build and maybe some Tails developers that will stay there can be
> interested into organize the tutorial also for this distro.

I'm happy to attend and give a hand for the skill sharing (modulo I'm
used to live-build 2.x, and I'm aware you're using something newer).

Anyone who gets a clearer idea of how live-build works will be in
a better position to contribute live-build configuration bits to
Tails, so I don't think that anything specific to Tails is needed
(besides, what Tails primarily needs most these days is not people
touching the live-build bits; as far as "code" is concerned, we
instead need more hands working on our custom tools; and other areas
of Tails are in need of additional hands much more than code,
actually).

> We can also explain the different tools we have developed for Freepto in
> this year (like Stem-TorTP and Freepto-usb-utils), the others tools that
> are a work-in-progress and maybe we can discuss about new features and
> tools that users need.

I'm interested!

> Futhermore it can be a good moment to share experiences in front of a
> good beer and a delicious deep-fried course!

Yay! \o/