Re: [Tails-dev] Post-1.3.2 ticket assignments and postponeme…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Post-1.3.2 ticket assignments and postponements
Hi,

anonym wrote (01 Apr 2015 21:55:02 GMT) :
> BTW, when releasing, 36 tickets were still open and in need of being
> either postponed or made into a Hole in the roof. It sounds like a
> pretty high number to me (of which I was contributing quite a bit!) and
> I'm wondering if we need to start to worry about our deadlines. OTOH, I
> know that at least some stuff on the test suite side that was scheduled
> for much later was been finished earlier, and perhaps it's the same on
> the infra side of things, so perhaps all is good?

I'm personally not worried for tests and infrastructure, except by the
lack of progress on the Python library and branch deletion topics.

> As of writing this there's only 6 unassigned tickets for 1.4:

Thanks *a lot* for starting this discussion! Much appreciated.

> * https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/9072 - Pidgin IRC tests often fail
> due to OFTC Tor blocking

That's gonna be blocking #8539 soon, so I see two obvious candidates
for being assigned this ticket (sorry, I know it's not strictly
speaking a robustness issue in the test suite implementation, but
still it makes its robustness poor in real life).

> * https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8243 - Support meek bridges

This would be good to have, but it's clearly not a release blocker
IMO. Moreover, it's not even clear at all how we'll implement it.

> * https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/9000 - Claws Mail leaks cleartext
> of encrypted email to the IMAP server
> - https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8999 - Claws Mail leaks
> cleartext of encrypted email to the Queue IMAP folder
> - https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8986 - Claws Mail leaks
> cleartext of encrypted email to the Drafts IMAP folder

> In particular I'd love to see someone take responsibility for the Claws
> tickets since they're outright dangerous for our users.

Same here.

> I was
> considering it, and did some tiny tests [1], but then realized that I
> have way too much on my plate for Tails 1.4 so I doubt I'll manage it.

Same here :(