Re: [Tails-dev] Post-1.3.2 ticket assignments and postponeme…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] PGP MIME is insecure (for me)
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Post-1.3.2 ticket assignments and postponements
Hi Adam,

Adam Burns wrote (02 Apr 2015 07:10:26 GMT) :
> I caused the ticket 8986 to be raised and recently joined the list to not only
> follow up, but also see where I can help out.

Woohoo :)

> It's my understanding that the issue is the current default Claws
> configuration of the Drafts / Queue folders being over IMAP (and being auto-
> saved) when they are perhaps better local (RAM disk or persistent volume).

Right. The easiest ways to fix the problem for real were tried
already, and failed => see the "PGP MIME is insecure (for me)" thread
on this mailing-list. Perhaps a less easy but working solution exists.
Let's please keep the discussion going in that other thread, otherwise
if it's spread over multiple threads it's going to be hard to
follow :)

> It's also my belief that a solution be documented as soon as possible to
> publicize to existing users on existing versions the risk and how to mitigate
> it.

Fully agreed. I believe BitingBird has added notes to this effect on
an existing ticket, but I don't remember which one. BitingBird, will
you take it from now on, and perhaps introduce Adam to our processes
and tools to work on documentation?