Re: [Tails-l10n] Bug reports about translations [Was: Discus…

Author: Lunar
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Bug reports about translations [Was: Discuss our translation infrastructure - needs your input]
intrigeri:
> OK, I see. Let's try to define the problem better before we jump to
> candidate solutions. I see three potential problems:
>
>  * letting users report about problems in translations: IMO it's
>    simpler for users if they just do it using the existing bug
>    reporting channels; our troubleshooting doc would become too
>    complicated IMO if we need to tell users "to report translation
>    issues, go there and use this tool; to report other kinds of
>    issues, go to that other place and use that other tool"

>  * letting translators know about problems reported by users: it's
>    front-desk's job to forward such reports to the relevant people,
>    including -l10n@

>  * translators' todo-list management: we have Redmine if anyone
>    needs this.

There's another use case that I can think of:

  * Letting translators report about problems in original strings.
    Sometimes translators will spot a typo, be unable to translate
    ambiguous strings (missing comment), or be unable to do a meaningful
    translations because of how strings are split or formatted.

I think it's worthwhile to smooth the process as much as possible of
reporting such problems.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar@???>