Re: [Tails-dev] GUI for encrypted volumes from LUKS/TrueCryp…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] GUI for encrypted volumes from LUKS/TrueCrypt container files
Jasper wrote (22 Mar 2015 19:23:59 GMT) :
> aye, the disk utils code is were you traditionally look for
> "specifications" when it comes to new udisks dbus calls. [...]
> whether creating a new encrypted luks "image" with udisks is possible
> today remains a mistery until it eventually gets supported by gnome
> disks.

I've found the UDisks documentation quite helpful (although sometimes
lacking clarity or details) when porting stuff to UDisks2 recently:

http://udisks.freedesktop.org/docs/latest/

The Format method from org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Block allows creating
encrypted filesystems, and in theory it should work on loop devices
as well. I've not tried this myself, though.