Re: [Tails-ux] Threads [was: Greeter mockups]

Author: Alan
To: tails-ux
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Threads [was: Greeter mockups]
Hi,

spencerone@??? wrote:
> > Alan:
> > [please note that for some reason you broke the thread. If you know
> > what caused this, please try to avoid it th the future. NO big deal however.
>
> Oh my. Please elborate on what you experienced. This information will
> help me associate some action on my part and possibly prevent future
> breaks.

Expected behaviour: the answer I receive from you appears in my email
client as an answer to the email you're answering to.

    This is mail subject 1                       }
     |- This is the 1st answer to 1              } We call this
     |  |- This is the 1st answer to the answer  } a thread
     |- This is the 2nd answer to 1              }
    This is mail subject 2
     |- This is the 1st answer to 2

The problem with your email: the answer I received from you appeared as
a new thread (subject) rather than as an answer.

    This is mail subject 1
     |- This is the 1st answer to 1
     |  |- This is the 1st answer to the answer
    This is mail subject 2
     |- This is the 1st answer to 2
    This is the 2nd answer to 1
                      ^

        This email should be displayed as a child
        of "This is mail subject 1" !

Is that more clear?

Cheers