Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter mockups

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Alan
À: tails-ux
Sujet: Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter mockups
Hi,

[please note that for some reason you broke the thread. If you now what
caused this, please try to avoid it th the future. NO big deal however.

spencerone@??? wrote:
> > Alan alan[at]boum.org:
> > I think there is still a misunderstanding here: "Guided configuration"
> > vs "Basic" vs
> > "Advanced" in the blueprint. [paraphrased]
> >

> Okay, so I have been clear on this, then. A few things to make sure we
> understand each other:
>
> • Guided/Assistant/Tour = Walkthrough [The word I have been using, as it
> feels more accurate than the others, though this is not absolute and we
> can use whatever is most appropriate].

OK

> • Misunderstanding. I was using the logic of opposites to describe the
> 'Guided Configuration' as 'Basic Configuration [Walkthrough]' [different
> from the 'Basic' Screen], since I was looking at the more technical
> configuration flow as 'Advanced Configuration'. See attachment 1.

OK

> • We are not combining the 'Guided Configuration' and the 'Non-guided
> configuration' flows into one unified hybrid interface.

OK

> >> Spencer spencerone[at]openmailbox.org:
> >> With the popover, can it be a whole screen pop-over, like iOS?
> >>

> > Can you elaborate on what is the "whole screen pop-over, like iOS"? I
> > screenshot would be
> > welcome. What do you see on it?
>
> Yes, see attachment 2. The whole screen pops over.

Understood.

> This is more neat
> and tidy [not the interface shown, just the function], though it adds
> much back and forth.

It's one of the reasons why I'm not convinced, the other being that
Popover are getting one of the most common way to select among options
in GNOME 3 interfaces.

> >> Isn't there much more to 'Formats' than selecting a country? This
> >> would need some more dedicated >> space, that maybe can't be supported
> >> by a popover,
> >>

> > Why?
> >

> Because, as seen in attachment 3, ignoring that the example is from
> Windows, there are many options that could still be used in any given
> country/region.
> For example, in the US, and I presume many other
> places, considering date, it is common to see 03/03/2015 and 3/3/15
> used, among others. I am not sure a single dropdown or popover will be
> sufficient given all of the detailed preference options, as they might
> require sub-dropdowns or sub-popovers to be effective. Is there an
> existing wireframe/visual for Formats, or at least a content outline?

Understood. We do NOT plan to support these details from the greeter, only the
region used to determine formats.

I think I understood your proposal well now. Thanks!

I'll shut up for a few days to let the discussion go with sajolida and hopefully tchou. We
should then arrange a (virtual) meeting to discuss and take decisions.

Cheers