Re: [Tails-dev] How to replace the green onion [was: What do…

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] How to replace the green onion [was: What do we miss to replace Vidalia]
Hi,

sajolida <sajolida@???> wrote:
> Following-up on the ideas of:
>
> - Keeping the green onion as a permanent visual feedback on the desktop.
> - Not breaking too much of what people have been used to unless we
> have a good (UX) reason to do so (keeping what works in Vidalia).
> - Integrating Tor Monitor nicely on the desktop.
> - Considering the green onion and the list of circuits as part of the
> same user task of "monitoring tool".
>
> I hereby propose to have the list of circuits accessible directly from
> the green onion as it is the case now in Vidalia. But I'm not sure how
> this fits with your architectural plans and related security implications.

What I see is :
                             Top shell bar               Onion
                                    |                      |
                                    v                      v
[_Applications_Places______________________________________O_o_o_o_]
                                                   ________A_______
                                                  |Tor is ready    |
                                                  |Open Tor Monitor|
                                                  +----------------+
Disconnected: striked onion

X          X
 XX_./\._XX
  /XX  XX\
 /   XX   \

| XX XX |

 XX______XX
X          X

Bootstraping: onion with dots (as when network is connecting)

   _./\._
  /      \
 //\ /\ /\\
 |\/ \/ \/|
 \________/

Connected: full onion

   _./\._
  /      \

Would this address your requirements?

By the way, I'm not sure the onion should be green. For better
integration into GNOME Shell I think it should perhaps be monochromatic.

Cheers