Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter mockups

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter mockups
Hi,

[disclaimer: I'm following these discussions from very far away.]

sajolida wrote (03 Mar 2015 16:57:40 GMT) :
> - Advanced options might grow bigger in the future, and we might then
> have problems showing everything on a single screen.

ACK, ACK, and even more: there *will* be more options flowing in.
We've been refraining from adding more startup options for 2+ years
now, waiting for the Greeter to be revamped to support them nicely.
Adding MAC spoofing and bridges support was already quite challenging.

We already have in queue at least:

* #6811 (Propose an offline mode)
* #7723 (Make it possible to opt-in for I2P in the Greeter)
* Bluetooth (some patches should land on -dev@ soonish)
* and possibly: LAN access

Not to say that we should add as many new options as we can -- I still
value a lot having as few options as we can in there. But still, for
security reasons, some choices need to be made before logging in.

Cheers!