Re: [Tails-dev] Feature #8957 Add paperkey (and more printer…

Author: intrigeri
To: Alexander Mette
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Feature #8957 Add paperkey (and more printer drivers)
Hi,

Alexander Mette wrote (27 Feb 2015 18:02:50 GMT) :
> I propose two patches to provide additional OpenPGP off-line paper key
> backup functionality that you can find attached to this e-mail.

Yay, thanks a lot! \o/

> First one adds the paperkey package as explained in

>     https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8957

> to allow printing out secret keys in as short and easily retrievable
> form as possible.

I've flagged that one as Ready for QA, for the next major Tails
release (1.4). You can do this yourself next time. The gory details
are documented there:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/merge_policy/#index2h1

Any taker for the review, or does this fall into the fallback case,
that is on the release manager's plate?

[Meta: since it's -- I believe, very sorry if I'm forgetting past
contributions -- Alexander's first code contribution, I would find it
very nice and welcoming if his patches were reviewed promptly.]

> The second patch adds support for more printers via the gutenprint
> (formerly gimp-print) drivers. [...]

Please file a dedicated ticket for that one.

Once my following question has been answered, you may directly flag
that ticket for 1.4, as Ready for QA, and pointing back to this thread
so that the reviewer can easily find your patch.

> It pulls in libgutenprint2 and overall costs about 8.2MB. I do think
> it's worth it though to provide a properly air-gapped system for
> secure generation and backup of PGP keys that never has to connect
> to the internet.

Is this number (8.2MB) the increase of the resulting ISO size, when
compressed with the default (slooooow but very efficient) settings,
or anything else?