Re: [Tails-ux] Ever-growing blueprint/ directory on the webs…

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Ever-growing blueprint/ directory on the website
Hi,

sajolida wrote (27 Feb 2015 15:34:27 GMT) :
> Alan:
>> Do you think we should stop adding plain SVG and ODG or only binary
>> images (and SVG including them)?

> I propose to stop adding binary images but still use Git for XML files,
> as that could be useful and they weight less.

Agreed, assuming SVG images that include binary stuff are
excluded too.

Apparently we only have one such SVG (greeter-flow.svg) in the
blueprints directory, so it seems to me that forbidding them would not
harm a common use case, right?

For the record, here are some stats on what one can currently find in
the blueprints directory:

* all SVG images, tar.bz2'd: 222K
* all SVG images except greeter-flow.svg, tar.bz2'd: 62K
* all .fodg and .ods files, .tar.bz2'd: 57K

=> which tends to confirm that text files such as XML and ODS
are not too much of a concern, at least until the next UX sprint ;)

(I've tar.bz2'd these things, since what matters isn't the size of
each individual file, but rather how much space it takes in `.git'.)