Re: [Tails-ux] [Tails-dev] Greeter mockups

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] [Tails-dev] Greeter mockups
tchou:
> Hey,
>
> sajolida:
>> I think that what needs to be done now is to go back to the results of
>> #8235, identify explicitly the problems that were raised by then, and
>> design together solutions to solved them based on the current blueprint.
>> Tchou said he would start that process.
>
> Here it is : https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8235#note-11

Based on that feedback from experts I create a whole bunch of tickets
that I assigned to phase 1, 2, and 3. Here is a summary:

Phase 1: Basic and advanced screens

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8230

I made those ones subtasks of #8967:

- #8968: Redesign the "language" section
- #8974: Feedback to the user which options are going to be used
- #8976: Consider merging "basic" and "advanced" screens

Which means for me that we only have three concrete problems to solve
before being able to move on to a prototype. Which is good news!

I think that tchou and spencerone started working on all of those in
parallel. So maybe we should gather our different ideas on each one
of those, see how the could be implemented according to Alan and then
see what's left and decide.

I'll try to provide feedback on the work of spencerone to the light
of this over the week-end.

Phase 2: Assistant

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8231

  - #8969: Make options affected by scenarios more visible
  - #8970: Add "back" button to assistant
  - #8971: Hide "discover", "quick setup", "start" button when not
           relevant
  - #8972: Redesign breadcrumbs in assistant
  - #8973: Advertise the assistant not only for first time users

Phase 3: Persistence configuration and Tor Launcher

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8232

- #8975: Reconsider "Configure" button for persistence