Re: [Tails-ux] Ever-growing blueprint/ directory on the webs…

Author: Alan
To: tails-ux
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Ever-growing blueprint/ directory on the website
Hi!

> > * Do you need revision control?
>
> For SVG and flat ODG, they are not binary files but XML files. So we
> could use version control, do merges, etc. We do it rarely in practice
> but that was in my mind when I choose to use flat ODG and not something
> else.

Do you think we should stop adding plain SVG and ODG or only binary
images (and SVG including them)?

> But for the Greeter for example, we also used Redmine to store
> attachments. So we could set an informal rule to push text and XML to
> Git, and binary images to Redmine. The biggest SVG file called
> greeter-flow.png probably inlines several PNG files and that's why it
> got bigger.
>
> > * Assuming you still want to use blueprint/* as a wiki, what kind of
> > linkage between blueprints and binary files stored elsewhere do you
> > need? Would blueprint -> external attachments be good enough?
>
> We need to be able to insert those binary images into the blueprints.
> I'm not sure ikiwiki knows how to do that for remote URLs but in the
> worse case we can do that through HTML.

For me what's important is to have a wiki-like tool. Where the images
are stored doesn't really matter even though I love using git, but
saving the images elsewhere would work too as long as they can be
rendered well in the blueprint.

Cheers