[Tails-dev] Important tickets with milestone, but without as…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Important tickets with milestone, but without assignee
Hi,

(stealing a bit of the RM's job, oh well.)

It happens that we flag important problems and regressions with some
upcoming target version, so that they stay on our radar. I think it's
fine in itself. However, given most of us are struggling to deal with
tickets assigned to them in time for freezes and releases, I'm pretty
sure that these tickets (that have a target version but no assignee)
see very little collective attention. And in the end, we often
silently postpone these tickets from a target version to the next one,
and then to the next one, etc.

E.g. we're going to postpone (again) these tickets that were not
resolved during the 1.3 cycle:

* https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8720 ("Filesystems on external
USB drives are sometimes automatically mounted")

* https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8686 ("Desktop notifications are
not always displayed"): postponed since 1.2.3

* https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7912 ("Non-US keyboard layout
selected with Greeter sometimes is not active when logged in"):
postponed since 1.2.1

* https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8433 ("Activate storeconfig on
lizard's puppet master"): on our radar since two months

And we already have one such ticket for 1.3.1:

* https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8524 ("Do statistics on whether
bug reports come from a DVD or flash media")

And seven such tickets for 1.4:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&set_filter=1&f[]=fixed_version_id&op[fixed_version_id]=%3D&v[fixed_version_id][]=235&f[]=status_id&op[status_id]=o&f[]=assigned_to_id&op[assigned_to_id]=!*&f[]=&c[]=priority&c[]=subject&c[]=category&c[]=cf_15&c[]=assigned_to&c[]=cf_9&group_by=status

I'm not sure what we should do about it. We discussed that with anonym
a few days ago, and he agreed the RM should send heads up messages or
something about it, as part of their duty. Hopefully this will help us
keep in mind all these small things that need to be done, and formally
are on nobody's plate :)

Other ideas wrt. what we could do about it?