Re: [Freepto] I am quite sure your download of FreePTO is no…

Author: boyska
To: Everything about freepto
Subject: Re: [Freepto] I am quite sure your download of FreePTO is not good; 2 files gave errors when checking the .img-file
hello taco!
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:54:47AM +0000, tacovdveen[yahoo] wrote:
>I tried downloading FreePTO from your website, Sometime back version
>1.0, and yesterday twice 1.01All 3 times I get error message when
>opening this .img, that 2 files are damaged1: ldlinux.sys

I suspect this is because of a faulty download. It seems
that we are experiencing problems with our HTTP server.
Lesson to learn: you should always verify sha512sum! They're not just
for paranoia, but also for protection against technical errors.

If indeed the sha512sum is not matching, the download has gone bad.
You'd better use the rsync method that I just explained in the other
email. (oh, and of course we'll try to fix the bug! but in the
meanwhile...)

Let us know if rsync workarounds the problem!

>I tried so many linuxes, but this one is really amazing.

well, I really thank you for such an enthusiastic review :)

hugs

--
boyska