[Tails-ux] Greeter mockups

Author: spencerone
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Greeter mockups
>> intrigeri intrigeri[at]boum.org:
>> FYI I'm told the blueprint is now out-of-date comparing to the current
>> state of discussion and mockups.
>>
>> See e.g.
>> https://labs.riseup.net/code/attachments/download/651/greeter1.png
>>
>> => likely those of us who haven't commented yet now need to wait for
>> an updated blueprint etc. before commenting.
>>
> sajolida sajolida[at]pimienta.org:
> I hope not to be too controversial here. But I think that the proposal
> on the blueprint still reflects our last consensus on the topic.
>
> After that, we did #8235 with people at NUMA to evaluate those. But
> then
> people started with new proposals that went into different directions
> and we started a bit of a fight.

If you are referring to tchou's display, and my consolidation,
proposals, they quite align with the direction of the blueprint. I wont
speak for tchou, but, for me, I am making a proposal to consolidate some
greeter flow fragmentation and solidify some of the logic behind content
composition.

I have submitted to the group two visual examples of how this can be
done, one more refined and focused than the other, with the other really
just being options, both of which identify problems on the current
blueprint and include attempts to resolve them.

If not, my bad : )

> I think that what needs to be done now is to go back to the results of
> #8235, identify explicitly the problems that were raised by then, and
> design together solutions to solved them based on the current
> blueprint.
> Tchou said he would start that process.

Where can these results be found? The ticket says "We're now waiting
for the results.", but contains no links : (

> Until, then I think that you can still comment on the current blueprint
> for the "Welcome" and "Advanced" screens. But if I were you I wouldn't
> spend too much time on the others.

Wordlife,
SpencerOne