Re: [Tails-ux] Help needed: sandboxing the Tor Browser vs. …

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Help needed: sandboxing the Tor Browser vs. downloads and uploads directories
intrigeri:
> spencerone@??? wrote (05 Feb 2015 02:42:27 GMT) :
>> ~/Tor Browser files/Remembered
>> ~/Tor Browser files/Forgotten
>
> ... this would require reintroducing a dedicated persistence option
> for "~/Tor Browser files/Remembered", which sajolida and tchou
> convinced me to drop.

Regading this, I think that "~/Tor Browser files/Remembered" should
definitively reuse the terminology of the persistent storage. We started
a discussion about the word "persistent" some weeks ago on tails-ux. I'm
all for finding a better term but then it would have to be changed
everywhere and be used consistently.

> I've already argued earlier in this thread why I believe it would be
> very confusing to users if we start explicitly labeling anything as
> "Forgotten", since it's the default in Tails.
>
> This also applies to your other suggestions.
>
>> Though 'files' might be redundant if the context of the experience establishes that
>> these directory destinations are for storing files.
>
> Interesting point. Building on top of the current state of things,
> that would give:
>
> * ~/Tor Browser/
> * ~/Persistent/Tor Browser/
>
> What do others think?

I'm fine with that. It's maybe more consistent as well with the other
default names for GNOME folders who work by categories (somehow) Music,
Downloads, etc. without stating "files".

--
sajolida