[Tails-ux] Help needed: sandboxing the Tor Browser vs. downl…

Author: spencerone
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Help needed: sandboxing the Tor Browser vs. downloads and uploads directories
Hi,

On 02/04/2015 13:22, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alan wrote (04 Feb 2015 16:27:35 GMT) :
>> I agree on the proposal currently in the blueprint:
>
>>     "So we give Tor Browser access to:

>>     ~/Tor Browser files (amnesiac)
>>     ~/Persistent/Tor Browser files"

> In case there was a misunderstanding, note that '(amnesia)' is _not_
> part of the file name:
>
> * `~/Tor Browser files` (amnesiac)
> * `~/Persistent/Tor Browser files`

'Amnesia', although not explicitly labeled as a directory destination,
and 'Persistent', are not very clear labels, and I am unsure of how
effectively they translate into other languages. And this is overlooking
that amnesia, i.e., to forget, is not what is really happening, e.g.,
the files are being removed, i.e., deleted, as I am sure there are
traces of them in some form on the storage device. But keep in mind
that I am not well versed in the specifics of these things like you all
are :)

However, with that said, we could say:

~/Tor Browser files/Remembered
~/Tor Browser files/Forgotten

or:

~/Tor Browser files/Saved
~/Tor Browser files/Not Saved

or, though not very accurate:

~/Tor Browser files/Permanent
~/Tor Browser files/Temporary

or flip them:

~/Remembered/Tor Browser files
~/Forgotten/Tor Browser files

and so on...

Though 'files' might be redundant if the context of the experience
establishes that these directory destinations are for storing files.

> Cheers,
> --
> intrigeri

Wordlife,