Re: [mat-dev] MAT interface

Author: jvoisin
To: mat-dev
Subject: Re: [mat-dev] MAT interface

On 01/31/2015 10:10 PM, GI Jack wrote:
> I'd go the route that gtkash went, make a plugin for all the large and popular
> filemanagers.

Awesome !

> I specificly need this to work on both Gnome(nautilus) and XFCE(thunar), but for
> everyone else, it should work with unity, cinnamon, mate(some nautilus ports of
> old versions), KDE(dolphin), and if your feeling good, LXDE(pcmanFM) as well,
> all have filemanages.
> *Sent:* Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 12:24 PM
> *From:* intrigeri <intrigeri@???>
> *To:* mat-dev@???
> *Subject:* Re: [mat-dev] MAT interface
> jvoisin wrote (27 Jan 2015 11:20:00 GMT) :
> >> Is there still a need for a revamp of the GI, as requested on tails-ux
> >> mailing list this past July? If so, I would love to take a stab at it!
> > Sure, it would be great! I tried to simplify (even more) the GUI, but
> > since I'm not a designed, it would be cool to have some
> > tests/review/revamp/...
>
> IMO, making sure that the Nautilus extension works fine could be
> higher priority: that's where GNOME users look when they want to
> operate on files. But of course not everyone uses GNOME, I'm told, so
> it's still useful to improve the main GUI... or to write extensions
> for other file managers :)

Sajolida wrote a nautilus extension, that you can find in the "nautilus"
folder, it's working great, but can not process several files at once,
since he/we didn't managed to find a nice way to warn the user if some
files couldn't be cleaned, or if errors occurred.

I'm using thunar (the xfce file manager) myself, so I'll be super-happy
to beta-test your extension for this one.