Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/persi…

Author: flapflap
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/persistence.de
sycamoreone:
> Muri Nicanor:
>>> I would suggest to always talk about "ein verschlüsselter beständiger
>> i also don't like the term 'Beständigkeit', i used it because it was
>> mention in [1] ;)
>> i also thought about using 'langlebig' or 'fortdauernd', but i think it
>> would be best to use 'permanenter Datenspeicher' as the program does.
>
> I actually like "beständig", but it has to go together with a noun like
> "Speicherbereich". As u said in [1]: "they always get translated very
> differently by different people".
>
> So, anybody any objections against using "permanenter Datenspeicher" for
> now?

I'd be ok with it but don't like it very much. What we write to the LUKS
partition is not "permanent" because it can be changed afterwards (as
opposed to real permanent media like DVD).

What about "nichtflüchtiger Speicher" or "nichtflüchtige Partition"?
Maybe "nichtflüchtig" is still understandable enough for non-techies.

The German wikipedia article [0] also mentions "persistente[r] Speicher"
on the "Nichtflüchtiger Datenspeicher" topic.

[0] https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nichtfl%C3%BCchtiger_Speicher

~flapflap