Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/persi…

Author: Muri Nicanor
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/persistence.de
hi,

On 01/31/2015 06:57 PM, sycamoreone wrote:
> spriver:
>> Are we okay with the term "Verschlüsselte Beständigkeit"? I did not
>> find a better term, but we could also keep it this way.
>
> I don't really like that term. It is true that "persistent" is only used
> as a technical term in German, but I think "Beständigkeit" isn't clearer.
>
> I would suggest to always talk about "ein verschlüsselter beständiger
> Speicherbereich" or something like that. The tails-persistence-setup
> program, for example, uses "permanenter Datenspeicher". It is a bit
> unwieldy, but at least should be understandable.

i also don't like the term 'Beständigkeit', i used it because it was
mention in [1] ;)
i also thought about using 'langlebig' or 'fortdauernd', but i think it
would be best to use 'permanenter Datenspeicher' as the program does.

[1] https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-l10n/2015-January/001828.html

cheers,
muri