Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/contribute/how/donate…

Author: spriver
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/contribute/how/donate.de.po
Hi,
> I also thought about "Einkünfte" but dropped that term because it
> is a legally very specific term:
>
> https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eink%C3%BCnfte "Einkünfte sind im
> Einkommensteuerrecht am Markt erwirtschaftete Vermögensmehrungen."
>
> And (again IANAL) I think a donation or (maybe more specific *) a
> gift (Ger: Schenkung) not necessarily refers to "Einkünfte".
>
> Therefore I used "Zuwendungen".
>

> * I'm also unsure about the term "donation" (Ger: Spende) because
> it suggests some kind of legal entity (at least according to German
> law).
>
> https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spende "Spendenempfänger können
> gemeinnützige Vereine, Stiftungen, politische Parteien oder
> Religionsgemeinschaften sein."
>
> That's the reason that we have proxy organizations like
> Zwiebelfreunde *e.V.* that forward the money to the project (which
> might be a gift then?).
>
> Therefore, if Alice wants to support Tails by giving 10 EUR, she
> can do a /donation/ (may even be "zweckgebunden"/"restricted for a
> specific purpose") to Zwiebelfreunde e.V. or put it as /gift/ into
> the (- if I remember correctly - funnily enough "donation" labeled)
> box at 3${digit}c3.
>
> On the other hand I read
> https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spende#Rechtsfragen as if everything
> is a gift as long as it is not about tax law. If the tax
> authorities legally accept your expenses/gifts to someone as
> donations, then they become donations. (but that's only the view
> from Germany and again IANAL)

thanks for a bit of clarification (: so for the purpose of making the
translation most clear and also international I would suggest to keep
the translation this way: (your first idea about it) "Auflistungen
über die Verwendung der Zuwendungen". What do you think? In my opinion
the translation is understandable and it' clear what is meant by it.
If you're okay with it we can pull from your branch resp. commit.

Cheers,

spriver