Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/contribute/how/donate…

Author: flapflap
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/contribute/how/donate.de.po
spriver:
> Hi,
> thanks for the review, I am fine with it.
>
>> I did some small changes, most notably (and worth to discuss) I
>> replaced "finanzielle Dokumente" with "Auflistungen über die
>> Verwendung der Zuwendungen". Originally, I was about to use
>> "Kassenbericht" but that would not be correct since "Tails" (the
>> project, not the downloadable ISO image) has no legal entity, like
>> a registered non-profit organization or "eingetragener
>> Verein/e.V.". (Also: I am not a layer! Correct me if I'm wrong!)
> You're right about this (:
>
>> The above mentioned "solution" uses the term "Zuwendungen" to
>> generically express "money that someone received".
>
> We could also just say "Unsere Auflistung über unsere Einkünfte und
> Ausgaben". But I'm also fine with your solution. I think it is clear
> what is meant by that.
> Any other opinions? Or should we just use flapflap's translation?

I also thought about "Einkünfte" but dropped that term because it is a
legally very specific term:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eink%C3%BCnfte
"Einkünfte sind im Einkommensteuerrecht am Markt erwirtschaftete
Vermögensmehrungen."

And (again IANAL) I think a donation or (maybe more specific *) a gift
(Ger: Schenkung) not necessarily refers to "Einkünfte".

Therefore I used "Zuwendungen".

* I'm also unsure about the term "donation" (Ger: Spende) because it
suggests some kind of legal entity (at least according to German law).

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spende
"Spendenempfänger können gemeinnützige Vereine, Stiftungen, politische
Parteien oder Religionsgemeinschaften sein."

That's the reason that we have proxy organizations like Zwiebelfreunde
*e.V.* that forward the money to the project (which might be a gift then?).

Therefore, if Alice wants to support Tails by giving 10 EUR, she can do
a /donation/ (may even be "zweckgebunden"/"restricted for a specific
purpose") to Zwiebelfreunde e.V. or put it as /gift/ into the (- if I
remember correctly - funnily enough "donation" labeled) box at 3${digit}c3.

On the other hand I read
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spende#Rechtsfragen
as if everything is a gift as long as it is not about tax law.
If the tax authorities legally accept your expenses/gifts to someone as
donations, then they become donations. (but that's only the view from
Germany and again IANAL)

~flapflap