[Tails-ux] Greeter: wording

Author: spencerone
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Greeter: wording
Sajolida,

On 01/22/2015 10:22, sajolida wrote:
> spencerone@???:
>> 'Start TAILS' is beautiful!
>
> You convinced me on this one as well! I created a ticket to change that
> on the mockups:
>
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8776

Sweet!

> Also note, regarding the process, that the currently consensual mockups
> for the new Greeter are not the ones sent by tchou on the mailing list
> but the ones that are available on that blueprint:
>
> https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/greeter_revamp_UI
>
> tchou proposed a new structure for those screens but Alan and I
> questioned that.

Yes, the blueprint, or flow, found on ../blueprint/greeter_revamp_UI is
our reference. But, to use your posting form preference as an example,
all we are seeing there is the equivalent of a top post response with
little to no previous context, i.e., the past work or evolution of the
greeter. There are some discussions linked but they are quite hard to
follow, and the 'Past Work' reference is not clear to me. To better
understand the decisions being made, and to avoid proposing highly
questionable [re]solutions further delaying your attempts to move
forward with designations, is there an IA outline, or stack, to review
for the greeter? For me, it helps reduce things down to their simplest
form to fully understand their form and placement.

> Also note that the content of the different steps of the "guided
> configuration" still have to be clarified before we can work on the
> wording in more details. So don't kill yourself on that yet.
>
> But feel free to propose wordings improvements to the "1st screen" and
> "advanced configuration".

Definitely :) However, there is no true separation between aesthetics
and function, so constant flux between any given function and how said
function is communicated is expected.