Re: [Tails-ux] Decide if we want a dedicated browser for LAN

Author: u
To: tails-ux
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Decide if we want a dedicated browser for LAN
tchou:
> sajolida:
>> u:

>> Anybody else? tchou?

> Seems that there is a decision to acces LAN with the Unsafe Browser.
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8218#note-7
>
> Maybe we will need to have a way to warm the user when he try to access
> the LAN from the Tor Browser that he has to use the Unsafe Browser and
> why. Maybe a little firefox extension ?

This sounds like a good idea.

I'd happily work on such a Firefox extension if nobody else volunteers.

> I'll add that the last time I needed to use the local network was to use
> Gobby. I don't know when and how it would be possible.

I have no idea how this would be handled, but we were discussing on
including the possibility to access LAN as an option to the greeter if I
am not mistaken.
This was suggested in this thread:
https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2014-December/000148.html

But I think we have not yet discussed it further. What do *you* think?

Cheers!
u.